Software QA and Testing Resource Center - Table of Contents
Software QA and Testing Frequently-Asked-Questions Part 1
- What is 'Software Quality Assurance'?
- What is 'Software Testing'?
- What are some recent major computer system failures caused by software bugs?
- Does every software project need testers?
- Why does software have bugs?
- How can new Software QA processes be introduced in an existing organization?
- What is verification? validation?
- What is a 'walkthrough'?
- What's an 'inspection'?
- What kinds of testing should be considered?
- What are 5 common problems in the software development process?
- What are 5 common solutions to software development problems?
- What is software 'quality'?
- What is 'good code'?
- What is 'good design'?
- What is SEI? CMM? CMMI? ISO? Will it help?
- What is the 'software life cycle'?
Software QA and Testing Frequently-Asked-Questions Part 2
- What makes a good Software Test engineer?
- What makes a good Software QA engineer?
- What makes a good QA or Test manager?
- What's the role of documentation in QA?
- What's the big deal about 'requirements'?
- What steps are needed to develop and run software tests?
- What's a 'test plan'?
- What's a 'test case'?
- What should be done after a bug is found?
- What is 'configuration management'?
- What if the software is so buggy it can't really be tested at all?
- How can it be known when to stop testing?
- What if there isn't enough time for thorough testing?
- What if the project isn't big enough to justify extensive testing?
- How does a client/server environment affect testing?
- How can World Wide Web sites be tested?
- How is testing affected by object-oriented designs?
- What is Extreme Programming and what's it got to do with testing?
Software QA and Testing Less-Frequently-Asked-Questions
- Why is it often hard for organizations to get serious about quality assurance?
- Who is responsible for risk management?
- Who should decide when software is ready to be released?
- What can be done if requirements are changing continuously?
- What if the application has functionality that wasn't in the requirements?
- How can QA processes be implemented without reducing productivity?
- What if an organization is growing so fast that fixed QA processes are impossible?
- Will automated testing tools make testing easier?
- What's the best way to choose a test automation tool?
- How can it be determined if a test environment is appropriate?
- What's the best approach to software test estimation?
Other Software QA and Testing Resources
- Top Resources
- Software QA and Testing-related Organizations/Certifications/Conferences
- Links to QA and Testing-related Magazines/Publications
- General Software QA and Testing Resources
- Agile and XP Testing Resources
- Test Automation Resources
- Mobile Testing Resources
- Web QA and Testing Resources
- Web Security Testing Resources
- Web Usability Resources
Software QA and Test Tools
- Test tools
- CM tools and PM tools
- Web site test and management tools
Web Tools -
Web Site Test Tools and Site Management Tools
- Load and performance test tools
- Java test tools
- HTML Validators
- Link Checkers
- Free On-the-Web HTML Validators and Link Checkers
- PERL and C Programs for Validating and Checking
- Cross-browser testing tools/services
- Web Functional/Regression Test Tools
- Web Site Security Test Tools
- External Site Monitoring Services
- Web Site Management Tools
- Log Analysis Tools
- Mobile Web/App Testing Tools
- Other Web Test Tools
- Web Job Boards useful to QA and Test Engineers
Software QA and Testing Bookstore
- Software Testing Books
- Software Test Automation Books
- Software Security Testing Books
- Software Load Testing Books
- Software Quality Assurance Books
- Software Requirements Engineering Books
- Software Metrics Books
- Configuration Management Books
- Software Risk Management Books
- Software Engineering Books
- Software Project Management Books
- Technical Background Basics Books
- Other Books